With lots of effort, you created a Spotify Store and now you are planning to promote your online business to gain visibility, attract customers, and create brand awareness. There are plenty of good marketing activities that can bring optimistic results, but even some that can be harmful. Get to know the negative ones and it helps to avert harming your Shopify store reputation.
Ignoring the power of a solid marketing plan
A robust marketing strategy defines your business goals, marketing techniques, target audience, promotional structures, etc. It offers an overview of the perfect selling cycle. You are aware of when to make adjustments based on the cycle stage. Start with a solid marketing plan that includes –
- Your target audience’s profile.
- Your brand message & USP.
- Your objectives in figures or numbers.
- Marketing strategies that will drive the target audience.
Remember to factor remarketing because it helps your Shopify store to enhance sales, conversions, and customer retention.
Overlooking PPC Ads potential
Pay per Click helps to attain more qualified leads, even for small businesses. Some people underestimate or overestimate the potential of a PPC ads campaign. PPC ads need to be taken seriously and not overlooked or it can prove to be a detrimental error. PPC Ads are beneficial in several ways.
- Start small, measure ROI, and expand the budget.
- Smartly planned campaigns reduce CPC [cost per click] efficiently.
- Choose PPC spends on keywords that engage qualified leads.
- Traffic and leads are generated faster than organic SEO.
- Split or A/B testing can be conducted at any stage, even during an ongoing PPC campaign.
Shopify app like Promonavigator allows automating Google Ad creating process. It even offers an insight to find the right audience for the targeted keywords. You may miss opportunities if you ignore and decrease your revenue. Let the app do the heavy lifting and drive your shop towards success.
Ignoring landing pages optimization
Landing pages serve a special purpose, which is defined by a source that leads to this page. Landing pages are lead generation tools designed to boost specific Calls to Action as well as offer more details about the thing being sold. Landing page optimization is essential in directing the right audience to the right webpage and having them take precise action. The landing page has the potential to –
- Upsell products
- Capture email addresses
- Generate interest
- Guide new visitors
- And more
Not adding value to a shopping experience
Customers are not just purchases, but today they are individual buyers whose decision is influenced by the value you offer. They are active players and not passive buyers. It means shopping means overall experience. Some elements that add value to customers shopping experience are –
- Offer free shipping [for all or above a certain price range].
- Establish a point-based system for rewarding customer loyalty.
- Offer coupons to regular or first-time customers.
- Design a user-friendly interface.
- Ease payment process.
- Simplify checkout process
Errors happen but learning from them can be a game-changer!